Friday, February 8, 2013

Budget Change and Small Grocery Haul

I realized the other day when I was working on our finances that I forgot to write about the changes to our budget and how I keep track of them. When February rolled around I noticed that hubby's paychecks fell on the 1st and 15th of this month....hmm 2 in one month, lets check the next month....March paychecks.. 1st, 15th, and 29th....WHAT?? Aside from the happy fact that in March there will be THREE paychecks opposed to two (future post on what we will do with that paycheck) I noticed that for the year 2013 hubbies paychecks were actually falling 2 in 1 month. 

As you all know earlier I was budgeting our pay periods different. Paychecks used to fall one towards the middle of the month and one at the beginning of the next...so a pay period would be Dec/Jan instead of just Jan. How nice that for 2013 I would no longer need to budget like this and could actually budget month to month, something I have really wanted to do for a long time now. 

With that, I have updated the tabs section for our grocery budget, debt, and savings section. This will make it so much easier to keep track of how much money we put into our savings each month as well as groceries for the month. However, I did not start this type of budgeting until Feb so figuring out last months finances and this months were a bit wonky but hoping by the beginning of March all the wonkiness is gone :)

That being said, I needed to make a quick stop at the store today for water, eggs, and cheese......and I walked out with $54 worth of groceries instead! Oh well, I am still way under our monthly grocery budget so I will take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment