Friday, January 11, 2013

$100 Grocery Shopping Jan 11, 2013

I found out some awesome news this week! Aldi now carries an organic line called Simply Nature. This made me happy to hear because Aldi is known for their low prices, so even with offering organic their prices for these items were still a great bargain. I also found out that they will be carrying gluten free chicken nuggets from a brand called Kirkwood for only $4.99. Yes Please!


                                                           

                                                     Our Groceries:


Total Budgeted: $100
Total Spent: $136

This week I was over budget by $36 but I kind of expected it. I went over budget for 2 reasons.

1. I used my debit this week opposed to cash (yes I was that lazy and did not go to the ATM first). I realized today that using cash opposed to debit really helps to keep me on budget. I have stayed on budget for 3 weeks so that goes to show using cash is the way to go.

2. I strayed from my grocery list. Generally I do not stray from my list with the expection of maybe 1 or 2 items. This week I found some awesome gluten free products at walmart that I wanted to try. Also I called home while in Sams Club and Colby asked for big box of cheeze-its which also were not on my list.

So two big No No's this week. However with that being said. My total for the whole month's spending (4 weeks of grocery trips) is only $436... so only $36 over budget for the whole month. I think I can handle that haha


No comments:

Post a Comment