Friday, January 4, 2013

$100 Grocery Shopping Jan 4, 2013

So this week for groceries I found myself needing quite a few household items. I was worried because those items generally aren't cheap and can add up quite quickly. However, that being said I remained within my $100 budget for the third week in a row. WOO HOO!!! Hubby is so proud that I am staying on budget with groceries this month. It has def. required ALOT of work, patience, and sticking to a list (if it isn't on my list, I have not bought it) So with that being said onto the meals of the week that I will be making with my lovely items I purchased!

This weeks meal plan:
Breakfast (eggs, bacon, strawberry french toast)
Breaded fish, homemade chips, mac n cheese
Burgers w/ fries and corn
Cheese stuffed meatballs and salad
Shrimp Pasta Alfredo w/ broccoli
Garlic butter chicken and cheesy hashbrowns
and finally Tacos

***This week I let hubby choose 4 out of the 7 meals. I have come up with a new meal planning board/system that will allow him to contribute his thoughts on what he wants to eat that week. More on this to come in future video/blog post.


Our Groceries:

We ran out of drinks 2 days before I normally go grocery shopping, so I had to make a quick trip to the store for drinks.
Total: $15.00

Giant Eagle: $35.00
kitchen cleaner
stove top cleaner 
dishwasher tabs
quart milk
juice
mushrooms
apples w/ caramel packets
tomatoes
cuties

Aldi: $50.00
shredded hashbrowns
10lb potatoes
2lbs ground beef
4 cans soup
dish detergent
2 pks sliced cheese
2 bags choc. covered chips
pasta sauce
alfredo sauce
boxed pasta
italian bread
2x chicken cordon bleu
sour cream
shredded cheddar
shredded mozz.
flour tortillas
crunchy taco shells
lettuce
3x paper towels
aluminum foil

Total Budgeted: $100
Total Spent: $100

I really cut it close today but I paid attention to every item that was scanned and was ready to put back any items we didn't absolutely need. 

***One thing I should point out, is why you will never see numbers such as 49.97 or 10.50, etc. The reason being is I ALWAYS round up. If my total was $49.97 I automatically raise it to $50. Any change I may receive back goes into the pouch I carry for this purpose. Once the pouch is full I will take it to Coinstar. The change that we save doing this will go to other categories such as our Christmas fund or Vacation fund.




No comments:

Post a Comment