Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week in Review June 9th-15th

This week was pretty quiet. Some shopping was done, family time happened, and our cats drove us crazy. A pretty typical week if I do say so myself. So here is what went down...

Peeing Issues

For those of you who follow me on youtube you already know that we had issues with TigerClaws peeing on our bed awhile back. She stopped for a good two weeks and then peed on our comforter again this past week. Unfortunately our comforter did not make it due to the constant wear and tear from washing it over and over again. So, we are on the lookout for a new comforter. In dealing with the same issue there is now a dip in our mattress from her peeing in the exact same spot repeatedly. We are pretty sure we will be needing to purchase a new mattress. Thankfully, we have always wanted to upgrade to a Queen sized bed. We didn't however intend to make this purchase for quite some time but it looks like we may be pushed into doing so earlier. The good thing about this purchase is it would have happened eventually, just it will now occur sooner then we had planned. At least if we have to purchase something new because of her peeing I am glad it was something we had always intended to purchase anyways. 

That being said I am happy to say it has been almost a week and she has not peed again. We have been paying ALOT of attention to her, praising her when she uses the litter box, and keeping the litter box as ridiculously clean as we possibly can, and it appears to be working....just hoping it lasts. If she does pee in the home again though, that will be the last time and we will be finding her a new home. She has peed 6 times on our bed in the past month and that is more then enough second chances, it is strictly 100% behavioral why she does it and so if it happens again she will be gone.

Much needed shopping

Recently I made quite a few purchases online. I was in desperate need of scrapbooking adhesive, a new sewing spindle, a replacement bread machine blade, page protectors for scrapbooking, and a second battery  for my camera so I always have a fully charged battery. I scored an amazing deal on Amazon in terms of my cameras battery and ended up only paying $15 for 2 batteries!!! I think this is a great price seeing as how I was fully expecting to have to pay $30 or more for one. A couple of my items have already shipped and I can not wait to receive my packages. I honestly love shopping online from the comfort of my own home. Sitting in my PJ's, munching on some Kettle Corn browsing everything Amazon has to offer...beats getting dressed and going out shopping in a crowded store any day! 



Family time and Amish Country 

This past Saturday was filled with family, animals, and Amish crafts. My parents, sister, nephew and I traveled to OHIO to visit Walnut Creek and other surrounding areas in order to visit what many call "Amish Country." In this part of Ohio, there are many craft stores that sell Amish goods, as well as Heinez cheese factory, local Amish grocery stores, and many animals. There is also two flea markets and a couple antique stores that we visit. But the best part is the food...We always eat at a restaurant called Der Dutchmen which serves Amish cooking and is super delicious. I ordered the turkey, hash browns, and fries w/ homemade Bbq sauce. I can not describe how amazing this food is and it is something I most look forward to when visiting the area. I ended up bringing home some homemade buns, some table runners, curtains, and a few random knick knacks for around the home. 



Meeting Maggie

...and finally on the same day I traveled to OHIO I got to meet my parents new addition to their family, Maggie. Maggie is a 4lb female Bischon puppy and the newest addition to my parents household. She is absolutely the cutest thing ever and so incredibly tiny. She is such a snuggle buddy and will curl up by your face while you hold her in your arms. Seeing Maggie makes me want a puppy and I can't wait until we have a yard and can get one. One day hopefully...until then I can steal snuggles and puppy love whenever I visit my family :)



What happened this week in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment