Friday, March 29, 2013

Grocery Shopping for the 1st week of April

Happy Good Friday Everyone!

Our cupboards were starting to look quite bare and I had originally planned on waiting until April 1st to do our food shopping but really wasn't sure we could wait that long. I braved the horrific traffic today and just ended up going to one store, Kroger. I was a bit worried that our bill would be high as I know many items I needed are way cheaper at Aldi. However, I was surprised to find that with my Kroger Plus Card and the coupons I bought I stayed pretty close to our budget.

Before my plus card and coupons our total was around $170
After the plus card and coupons I only payed $135.55

Not bad at all. Although our budget is $100 month the 1st week for the new month tends to always go over. This often happens because I am buying our staples that we will use throughout the month...cat food, litter, toilet paper, paper towels, that sort of thing. 

So what all did I buy...

I also thought I would write about our meal plan as I haven't done that in quite awhile. Here are a few ideas I have for this week.

-Easter Dinner Out
-Baked Parm w/ pasta, salad, and bread sticks
-Creamy white Chicken Enchiladas, rice, corn
-Stuffed french toast, eggs, bacon 
-Pulled Pork, potatoes, veggie
-Hotdogs, baked mac n cheese, veggies


No comments:

Post a Comment