Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Kitchen Makeover: The Final Look

It's done! Finally, I have a functioning and pretty kitchen to cook and bake in until my hearts content. You have no idea how happy I am that I finally updated my kitchen, a project that I have been wanting to tackle for months, and it is finally done! When I first decided to re-do our kitchen I knew I wanted it to be coffee themed...I blame the clock I saw in Target (my entire inspiration for this project) for my decision to finally makeover the kitchen. My initial plan was to paint the kitchen and purchase a few coffee themed items to spruce it up. I figured it would probably cost around $200 once all painting supplies and decor items were bought...well to my surprise (and enjoyment) I came in under budget at only $144. Go me!!! lol

So, here is the breakdown of everything I bought. 

Paint for the walls: $35
Paint for the cabinets/trim: $24
Wall clock: $20
Coffee wall decals: $13
Kitchen rug; $5
Spoon Rest: $5
Candle $5
Salt Shakers $2
Basket $1
Hooks/hanger $1
Oven mitts $8
Kitchen towels: $5
New pot (for deep frying) $10
Utensil Canister $5
Light switch covers $5

Total Cost $144

...and of course some photos of my new space! I really am in love with it.

 I love this new hook/hanger that I picked up from the dollar store. It is a great place to hold all of my measuring cups, measuring spoons, and my pot holders.

 This part of the kitchen I am still debating on. While I love how the fresh coat of paint on the cabinets look, I am not sure about the coffee decals on the cabinets. Cute or tacky? Let me know! 

 Can I just say how much I am loving this new stainless steel spoon rest! It was only $5 but it sure beats my old plastic white one I was using previously....and look at those stove burners, makes me wonder why I never took the time to clean them before, what a difference! I am definately going to make sure I keep up on the cleaning with these so they always look this amazing. 

 ...and my "back splash." I am so happy I stumbled across these decals at Target. I hadn't even thought about using something like this for the wall but I now LOVE them. 

 Espresso anyone? :)

 Although I would love this rug to be larger and take up more floor space, I am incredibly happy with the look of it. The one I previously purchased from Lowes was too bold and dark with the main color being red. I love how this one is much more neutral and ties in with the decals I placed on the wall...and with a price tag of only $5 compared to $25 the one at Lowes cost, who can complain! 

 I really do love this space, can you tell lol

 I placed our dry erase calendar on the back wall so I can put our meal plans and have them in the kitchen for easy access. This will allow me to see what I need to take out for dinner the night before. Eventually I would love a statement piece on this back wall, but for the time being I like my calendar :) 

...I really hope to keep up with using this to meal plan. I use my planner currently to meal plan, but like the idea of having it in the kitchen as well so I can always see what I have planned for the upcoming week.

Well, there you have it. The final look at my kitchen makeover on a budget. If you haven't already be sure to check out the video to see the tour of my new coffee inspired kitchen.



Have you done a room makeover in your home lately or is there a room in your house that you would love to tackle, I would love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment