Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holiday Baking Series #3

Gingerbread Cookies...
I have always been terrified of making gingerbread cookies. Every recipe I ever encountered always involved molasses and dark brown sugar and complicated steps. I wanted something easy, something yummy but could never find what I wanted and because of this I never bothered to make any from scratch, up until now. 

This year I decided to not only be ambitious and make gingerbread cookies from scratch but adapt them to make them gluten free. I am so glad I did because these babies are the real deal. Absolutely delicious! 


Easy Gingerbread Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1 5.9-oz. pkg. butterscotch pudding mix
  • 3/4 C. butter
  • 3/4 C. brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/4 C. gluten free  all-purpose flour (again I used gluten free panty)
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 Tbs. ground ginger
  • 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp xanthum gum

Directions

Cream pudding mix with butter and sugar; add egg, and blend well. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, xanthum gum and cinnamon; blend into pudding mixture. Chill dough for 1 hour or until firm. Roll dough on a floured board to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutter. Place on greased baking sheets; use a straw to make a hole in the top of the cookie for hanging on the tree, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Decorate if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment