Sunday, December 30, 2012

Spending Round Up #1

I have been thinking for awhile that I wanted to start keeping track of every penny that my husband and I spend. I already track our bills, gas and groceries but I never track what we spend money on for the household. the cats, medical expenses, gifts, etc. I also do not keep track of what I use my "personal" spending money on. I know how much I have spent and how much is left but I have no idea what I actually purchase with that amount. That being said, I am going to start staying accountable for the money I spend and where it goes. I generally do not talk actual dollar amounts with my readers/subscribers but I think for this one section of my life I will.

I should start by saying that my husband and I agreed we should each receive a set amount of money, which I take out from the ATM when he receives his 1st paycheck for the month. We used to just use our debit card and had no set limit on how much we could each spend for personal items nor did we have a set amount for how much we could spend for things such as gifts, household items such as decor, or any extras. We still do not have a set amount for all the "extra" items, that is a work in progress and will be discussed later in a different blog post perhaps, but we do have a set amount of money for personal spending.

Each month I go to the ATM and withdraw $200. Hubby gets $100 in cash and I get $100 in cash. This is the set amount that we have both agreed upon and what works for us. So that being said, I have $100 to spend for a month, or $1200 a year if you want to look at it that way.

I will be doing one of these posts every week, but I am behind so lets go over everything I have spent

Dec 21st-Dec 31st 
Started out with $100 BUT Received $617 for Christmas
I did return a gift which gave me a credit of $26 SO...
Total amount to spend $743

What I have purchased so far:
 -$10.00           Makeup (concealer, eye lash curler, hair dye)
 -$85.00           Project life & Sewing Machine Foot Pedal   
 -$27.00           Christmas Decor on clearance/ Craft Supplies
  -$4.00            Snack while running errands
  -$53.00          Winter hats, SD card,refill for label maker 

Total Spent: $179.00
Total Remaining:$564.00

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment