Thursday, January 30, 2014

Homemade Pepperoni Rolls

Homemade pepperoni rolls bring back fond memories of my childhood. I lived for the days when my mom would make them. Pepperoni rolls soon became a staple at every birthday, along with homemade cinnamon rolls, but that is a different story all on its own.


The recipe I use is not the same one my mother used when I was growing up, but a pepperoni roll is a pepperoni roll and they are all delicious no matter what. 
 
So what do we need?
 
-pizza dough*
-mozzarella cheese
-pepperoni
-2tbs melted butter


How do we make these?

First roll out your dough into a square or circle or heck any shape really.
Brush some of the melted butter on the top of the dough.
Toss on the cheese and the pepperoni.
Roll up that sucker into a log shape making sure to seal shut any of the openings as well as the end pieces.
Using a sharp knife (or dental floss) cut the log about every inch or so.
Place the slices of pepperoni roll into a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray
Pop them into a 400 degree preheated oven for about 15-20minutes
Enjoy! 
 
 

*You can find the recipe for my homemade pizza dough over on my channel HERE but feel free to use your favorite pizza dough recipe as well.

**In a rush and don't have time, use a can of crescent rolls. Roll them out flat and press the edges together to form a large piece of dough. Works just as well and still tastes delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment