Friday, January 31, 2014

Our Weekly Meal Plan (Feb 1st-7th)

I often get asked to share my meal plan for the week and this is something I have done in the past, but stopped doing for whatever reason. So, I thought with a new month upon us why not bring back the meal planning posts. Now, although I do meal plan for the week, I do not necessarily designate a certain meal to a certain day. I find it much easier to simply plan 7 meals and have the ingredients on hand for those meals to pick and choose from. This also always us to be flexible with our meal plan in case something comes up, or we decide to eat out, etc. Meal planning is something I enjoy doing and helps me to make out our grocery list, but I don't want it to be 100% set in stone. I like to have some wiggle room to play with. 

So, what are our options for this upcoming week.

What's for Breakfast?
I always have these items on hand for any given day of the week for quick and easy breakfasts.

-eggs (usually scrambled)
-instant oatmeal
-bacon or sausage 
-cereal
-bagels w/ cream cheese
-breakfast burritos
-omelets
-smoothies

What's for Lunch?
Usually served with homemade fries/chips, fruit, veggies

-Hotdogs
-Soup 
-Steak & Mushroom Melts
-Tuna Sandwiches
-Homemade pepperoni pocket

What's for Dinner?
I don't normally plan out my side dishes. We generally just have items on hand to make salads, any type of potato dish..fries, chips, roasted potatoes, hash browns, mashed potatoes, etc, and an assortment of frozen veggies, etc. 

-Lobster 
(definitely not something we generally have, but Aldi has a great deal on them this week)

-Chicken Parm w/ Gluten Free Penne Pasta
-Homemade Taco Bowls
-Homemade Baked Taquitos (never made these but seem easy enough)
-Lasagna Roll Ups
-Hotdogs
-Homemade Blueberry Waffles
 

So that is everything we are having this week. Please let me know if you enjoy these types of posts so I know if I should make them a regular thing on my blog. Also, I would love to hear from you and let me know what you have planned on your menu for this upcoming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment