Thursday, March 13, 2014

21 Day Organization Challenge: Day 10

So for day 10, we are going to be working on the space under our kitchen sink. I will say this is a spot I have organized and re-organized multiple times based on what my current needs are. I think it is important to realize that it is completely OK to re-organize a space you may have organized in the past. Our needs change, our lives change and sometimes what once worked may no longer suit your needs. That is OK. Organization is meant to be a flexible act, something that can change as you grow and your needs change. That is the great thing about organization, it doesn't have to be permanent! If something doesn't work, fix it! There is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean your original method was for nothing. Quite the opposite...it actually means you are in tune with your families needs and are able to acknowldge when something is no longer working.

..and that leads us to today's project. As I mentioned, this is a spot that I have changed many times. Unfortunately I was so into my project, that I completely forgot to snap before photos. Let's just say, my space was very messy and not working for me anymore.

So, here is what my space looks like now.

This is an overall view of the space under my sink
I used a white basket I had on hand (of course from the Dollar Tree) to hold my everyday cleaning supplies.
An old dish tab container from Sams Club was a great spot to place all my dirty rags. I simply covered the container with scrapbooking paper and labeled it. The dirty rag container is sitting in a red basket (Dollar Tree lol) and the same basket also holds all of my clean rags. This is one system that I have not changed throughout my re-organization of this space. It really works for us and it lets me see how many clean rags I have left. So helpful!
On the left side of the cabinet I used a 3m hook to hang up my dust pan. In the back of the cabinet there is a wire shelf (similar to the one I have in my freezer) This back area is where I keep items I don't access on a regular basis.
On the right side of my cabinet I keep a small basket that holds my dish tabs. Behind that is my garbage bags as well as other items I don't frequently use.
To make the most of the space, I highly recommend using the doors of your cabinet. Here I just have a 3m hook  which is a great place to store my vacuum bags.

So there you have it. A nice organized area. As always leave your links below and don't forget to come back for Day 11 :)

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment