Monday, March 17, 2014

21 Day Organization Challenge: Day 15

So, today we are going to be working on cleaning up all those computer files! I don't know about you but I have a horrible habit of just dumping files on my desktop and not doing anything with them for months. Organizing and keeping my computer files in check is something I struggle with. I find I often don't take the time to put files in the proper place and in the right folder and instead just drop them anywhere; on the desktop, in the download section, etc.

Here is what my desktop on my computer currently looks like 
(don't judge lol)

 It's bad I know lol I warned you, I really do have an awful habit of just putting stuff on my desktop and not touching it for a month. I really need to start labeling documents better and put them in the proper place from the beginning, this way I don't end up with 10 files named "untitled" and I have to go through all 10 just to find out what the heck they are...I can't be the only one with this problem lol

Ok, one more photo of the before. This is my download folder.


Ok, so time to actually work on getting my computer organized. I blame Youtube for the reason I have so many things on my desktop and download folder haha I make a new thumbnail every day and am often dumping the contents of my camera on my computer, this makes a ton of mess and a ton of files to sort through. It is my goal to not let my computer get this messy again. From here on out, I am making a promise to myself to always label folders correctly (the first time) and to take the time to put those items in the proper place. Not only will this save me time in the future, but it only takes 2 seconds to organize these files the first time around. I think I can spare 2 seconds of my time opposed to the hour it takes me later on when I have to re-sort through everything. 

Ok, so here is my after.


Boy does that make a difference. I actually have a desktop again haha I love that everything is now in its proper spot and I am determined to keep it up.

Do you often make a mess of your desktop and computer files? If so this challenge may be for you! Be sure to leave a link to your blog or Youtube channel so I can check out all of your hard work.

Happy Organizing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment