Monday, March 17, 2014

21 Day Organization Challenge: Day 14

Alright folks, time for another organization challenge. Today we will be dealing with office supplies.

Like many of you I have a good amount of office supplies. However, my office supplies and craft supplies often overlap. I use adhesive tape for my craft projects but also for other things as well. The same goes for my washi tape. While I mainly use that for craft projects such as my scrapbooking, I do use some solid color washi tape in my planner. Due to this, these supplies need to be kept together to make accessing them easy for any project I may be working on. 

So, here is what I am working with. 


I have one drawer where I keep these supplies. Lately more items have made there way into this space where they don't belong. The first thing I needed to do was remove those items and put them back where they belonged. Second, I really thought about this drawer and how to make the best use out of it. I asked myself what supplies do I reach for on a day to day basis..those are the items I want stored here. This drawer is located in a 3 drawer unit by Rubbermaid that I picked up for $15 at Walmart. It is positioned behind where I sit to the right, so I can easily reach it from my desk. This makes it important for the supplies I use on a frequent basis to reside here.

So, here is the after.
Here is an overall look. I use an old veggie platter to separate my supplies as well as 3 dollar store bowls.
I keep my ad tech runner adhesive in one bowl
My glue sticks and tape go in another
The third bowl holds random adhesives such as superglue
I keep all my washi tape in 2 sections. I use these both in my planner & for craft projects
In one section of the veggie tray I keep all my post it notes that I use in my planner
In another section I store solid color regular post it notes to jot down lists, etc
So there you have it, a quick and simple organizational project that took no time at all. Boy does it make a difference though! I can actually see the products in my drawer and no longer have to go searching for something I know should be in that drawer. It is all right in front of me, nicely placed.

What are you waiting for, go work on your own office supplies! Make sure to leave a link to your blog or Youtube channel down below so I can check out your work.

Happy Organizing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment