Friday, March 14, 2014

21 Day Organization Challenge: Day 11 & 12

Alright folks, it is a combined post again today. This week has been pretty busy for me and I haven't had much chance to work on big organization projects but this week has been perfect for those small jobs that I kept putting off. So for days 11 and 12 we will be focusing on projects that can be completed in under 5 minutes.

First up, lets tackle our jewelry! Now, I think I have a decent sized jewelry collection and the system I put into place seems to work pretty well however, every so often I end up with a jumbled mess and mismatched pairs of earrings.

So here is what I started with. 

As you can see my jewelery was kind of everywhere. It was thrown into the box and it was a jumbled mess. The first photo shows my system that I created for all my necklaces and earrings and while it works most of the time, the jumbled mess in the box shows I don't always take the time to put my items back correctly.

All this project needed was a bit of a clean up. I emptied the boxes and sorted out the pieces. I placed the earrings back into the white cellophane bags and placed my necklaces on the hooks. 


Next I worked on all the necklaces that were tangled and needed to be fixed. I also had some charms for necklaces that did not have a home. I had two small boxes on hand that were perfect for these two jobs.


Now that my jewelry is all nice and organized, lets move on to our next project: Free Samples & Travel Size Products. I don't know about you but I sign up for ALOT of free samples. Usually I forget about them and never use them but I am trying really hard to make it a priority to use these items. I also have quite a few travel sized products. I had this hanging divider that I picked up from the Dollar Tree quite awhile back that was perfect for this project. I was already storing these items here however I wanted it to be a bit more organized. I broke out my label maker, made some labels for each pocket and sorted my free samples/travel size products. I love having this because it is so handy when we go away on a trip. All you do is toss a few of these items in your suitcase and you are ready to go.


Alright there you have it. Two projects that I generally would have put off doing are now checked off of my list and it only took me about 10 minutes to tackle both of them. That is 10 minutes well spent in my book!

As always, leave your links in the comment section and be sure to come back tomorrow for yet another organizational project.

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment