Tuesday, March 11, 2014

21 Day Organization Challenge: Day 8 & 9

Today we will be organizing 2 different spots. As most of you may have read yesterdays project was postponed. I simply ran out of time and wasn't able to get my post up, for that I am sorry. But, moving on lets tackle both our kitchen cabinets and our makeup! 

For my kitchen cabinets, I honestly didn't need to do too awful much. A simple re-arrangement and some contact paper to line the floors of the cabinets was all this project needed. Cost $1 for the contact paper.

So, here is what I was working with



The first thing I did for this project was remove all of the items from my cabinets. I then trimmed my contact paper to size and placed it on the floors/shelves of my kitchen cabinet.

Honestly, the only reason I decided to do this was because we were getting a little tired of all the wood chips from the floor getting into our cups. Yuck! Having the contact paper in the cabinets is not only pleasing to the eye but also will help us be rid of our wood chip issue! 

So, after the shelves were all lined, it was time to place the items back in the cabinets and re-arrnage them so everything fit just a little bit better.

...here is the after



So there you have it, a simple and easy project that only took about 10 minutes. Now let's move on to another project: our makeup. Now my makeup organization may be a bit different from others. I honestly only have 1 tiny basket with some makeup in it. I rarely use makeup and when I do it is still very minimal. While others make have a large makeup collection, I only have a couple lip glosses, some mascara, eyeliner, 2-3 eye shadows and some blush. Like I said, I wear very minimal makeup haha

So, here is what I started with 

Overall, this works pretty well for me since I only have a small amount. However, I would like it to be a bit more aesthetically pleasing and have my makeup separated a bit. So, I searched around my home for something I could use and decided to use the glass jars I already had in my bathroom, which currently weren't being used for anything.

I switched out my makeup into two jars and ended up with this. 

 I used one jar to hold all of my face products (eye shadows, blush, mascara & eyeliner)

The second jar I am using to hold my lip products and tools (lip glosses, eyelash curler, pencil sharpener, tweezers & brushes) 

Overall, I am really happy with the way it looks and will make it a bit easier when I go to wear makeup. No more need to dump everything out just to find that one lip gloss buried at the bottom of the basket. Having my makeup in clear glass jars allows for easy access and the ability to see what all is inside.

Alright folks, you know the drill. Leave your links to your blog or Youtube channel down below, so I can check out your hard work.

Come back tomorrow when we will be working on organizing under the kitchen sink. 

Happy Organizing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment