Saturday, March 8, 2014

21 Day Organization Challenge: Day 6

Today's challenge could not have come at a better time. Recently I went grocery shopping and I don't know about you but my fridge always ends up a disaster with all the new items being tossed in. So for day 6 in our challenge we are going to tackle our fridge.

So, this is what am I working with.


As you can see in these photos, stuff is just kind of tossed everywhere. Items aren't grouped together with other like items and you have to dig through everything to find what you need. Not to mention, it just isn't visually appealing to the eye. It looks messy and that is never any good!

So, the first thing I did, was remove all the items from the fridge and give it a nice cleaning.
Nice empty and clean fridge!

Next, it was time to put everything back in and work on labeling. I decided to use post it labels for my fridge, because they are easy to remove. I used my label maker to add labels on top of the post it labels. This will allow me to easily change these labels down the road if the items I keep in my fridge change.

So here is the after. 






 Yes, I realize this says leftovers and I have meat in it lol but right now we don't have any leftovers, but I do have meat from my grocery haul that I need to prep and put away. So for now this was the perfect spot. Anyone else notice I spelled leftovers wrong lol oops! Haha, anyone else make silly mistakes like that?




So there you have it, a nice clean space. I didn't need to buy anything for this project. All I did was clean the space and put like items together. The labels and baskets used I already had on hand. I love using baskets in the fridge. It helps to group items together and the small items don't get lost or pushed to the back.

Does your fridge need cleaned and organized? If so make sure to take on this challenge and be sure to leave a link to your blog or Youtube channel below so I can check out your hard work.

Make sure to come back tomorrow when we will be working on the freezer.

Happy Organizing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment