Thursday, March 6, 2014

21 Day Organization Challenge: Day 4

Today is day 4 in our 21 day organization challenge and I thought it would be fun to tackle the laundry room. Now my laundry room really isn't a room, it is more of a small closet with laundry supplies inside lol. We live in an apartment and we do not have a washer/dryer in our home but instead have laundry facilities on site. However, we still needed a place to put our laundry detergent, dryer sheets, and of course our laundry! 
 
So, I use a small closet in our bedroom for all of our laundry needs. It works out perfect! Lately though, it has been a bit messy and needed some re-organizing. I did not need to purchase anything for this project as I had supplies on hand that worked out great!
 
So here is what I am working with. 
 

Overall it is not a bad space, but there is too much clutter. I like a more streamlined look and similar items grouped together.  With a few quick changes I should have a more organized space.

So, here is the after.

This is the overall look and everything is much more organized and easy on the eye. I really only made a few adjustments and switched out a couple things. I didn't touch the clothes baskets on the floor as they work great the way they are.


The first shelf I only made a few minor adjustments. I removed the pink basket that was originally on this shelf and placed my slippers on top of each 3 drawer dividers. (this whole shelf contains my undergarments) 

 The second shelf is where I made the most changes. This shelf now holds all of my laundry supplies. Originally the top shelf was my laundry shelf but I liked the idea of having these items down lower as I use them multiple times a week. This allows for easy access. I already had the 2 baskets on hand and they were the perfect size for holding all my laundry supplies.

One of the baskets holds my frequently used laundry supplies. I have store bought laundry detergent, my homemade laundry detergent, dryer sheets and dryer balls, as well as my pouch that holds my quarters. 
 
The other basket holds my less frequently used products. This basket contains laundry stain remover, wrinkle release spray, and bleach. 

The top shelf where my laundry supplies used to be now hold an assortment of items. Again I already had on hand all of these baskets. The red basket holds our iron and heating pad. The purple basket holds all of my lounge shorts and pj shorts, and the 3 clear containers hold our winter supplies (hats & gloves).

I am extremely pleased with how this space turned out. It just goes to show that small spaces can work really well for your needs if they are organized in the right way. Be sure to post a link to your blog or Youtube channel if you take on this challenge!

Be sure to come back tomorrow when we will be working on handbag/purse organization.

Happy Organizing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment